- Anant Laxman Kanhere was the gem in the Indian Freedom Struggle from Nashik.
- He was born in 1891 in a small village in Ratnagiri.
- He completed his primary education in Indore and Nizamabad and learnt the English language at Aurangabad.
- Once back to Nizamabad, Anant started living at his friend’s Gangaram Rupchand Marwadi Saraf’s house.
- Here he came in contact with the members of secret revolutionary groups and thus the patriotic flame lit in him.
- Anna Karve too formed a secret group with Vinayak Narayan Deshpande, Shankar Soman and Vanam Narayan Joshi to do his bit for the motherland.
- Jackson was the collector of Nashik at that time and he was very cruel and suppressed the anti-British movements, but due to his good talks he had befriended the public, making them believe that slavery was good for them.
- Thus the revolutionaries in Nashik decided to kill Jackson.
- They decided to kill Jackson in the first month of 1910, but by the end of 1909 he got the transfer orders.
- So, Anant Kanhere and his group decided to kill him on his farewell day.
- Accordingly Jackson was killed by Anant on 21st Dec 1909 when the people of Nashik had arranged a farewell for him at Vijayanand theater in Nashik.
- Merely after four months of Jackson’s death the Bombay court ordered to hang Anant Kanhere, then 18 years old in the Thane prison on 19 April 1910.
- Along with Anant, Krishnaji Karve (age 23) and Vinayak Deshpande (age 21) were also hanged.
- Exporter Nashik : Explore Nasik – City , Trade, Business and much more- Register Free to become a part of it.
Please feel free to write us for giving your any valuable suggestion / feedback / comments etc.